Friday, August 17, 2007

Sub Chat at the SL forum

Aug 16 2007 Sub Chat at the SL forum
After another full day at work I return home to learn that I must make preparation for my latest home renovation project. After checking into second life I discover I have some free time so I took advantage to do some work out side. Having completed the preparations out side I logged into Second life to visit the sub chat forum. One of the submissives describes her situation with her dominant granting her permission to meet new friends but she must bring them to meet the Dominant. The Dominant seems to glare at the new friends, as if behaving like a father or Jealous partner. Some ask if it is a sense of insecurity or simply his rightfully protective responsibility. There was no good answer offered to the situation but the conversation flowed into communicating to the dominant what the submissive wants. One remark seemed important for me to note when it comes to communicating with the dominant. When the sub has the opportunity to express them selves they need to be direct, concise and to the point. The idea of throwing around subtle hints will result in a futile and frustrating waist of time and effort. Moving on within that topic one sub was concerned whether her real life boy friend was trying to behave as her Dom just to make her happy or if he actually liked the role. She had been the first person in the relationship to initiate there exploration of BDSM and she asked him if he would treat her like a dom would treat a sub. Again the answer is communication but not as direct as asking “do you like being my Dom” but instead asking how do you feel about the ideas we have been sharing. In efforts to help the girl in opening her boy friend to all the possibilities a few ideas were shared. Reading some stories or descriptions of scenes could inspire some progressive thinking. Switching roles to set examples and create experiences to provide a base line of reference. Offering your personal writing that describes your idea of a scene and the physical and emotional sensations that you would expect to explore. Following the Sub chat I spent some time watching Big Brother and then before bed I made a few more preparations for my home renovation project.

No comments: