Monday, August 13, 2007

Procedures for when I make mistakes.

Aug 12, 2007 Procedures for when I make mistakes.
This morning I had just a few minutes to chat with Ms B. She had plans so she had to get going, but before she did she asked me to complete a task. I remember thinking that the words she typed were slightly confusing and in haste I did not want to start repeating what I thought she wanted me to do. I suppose it was arrogant for me to put aside my confusion and read into what I thought she was asking. Later in the afternoon she confronted me asking what she had told me to do. As it turned out I had failed to understand what she had really wanted so she pointed out that my anticipation and assumptions of her wants, needs and desires can get me into trouble. Perhaps it is more important for me to confirm that what I think she wants, is actually correct before I rush off to do it. We both know that despite my best intentions, it is inevitable that I make many mistakes and there is a procedure for me to follow in such an event. Once I realize that I have created a problem I should stop to think and evaluate the origin of my errors. Coming to terms with the situation means that I should want to accept the consequences of my actions no matter how big or small I might think the issue might be. It is then appropriate to confess my errors and beg for forgiveness. If I know there are specific consequences for my actions, then it would be appropriate for me to beg for punishment. I must admit this last part is a strange concept for me, but now that I know the rules, I can follow the procedures and willingly accept the punishment. I trust Ms B and her judgement so even if I don’t understand the details or why she does things I am confident that she is acting in our best interests. All she needs from me is my willingness to accept her authority, responding appropriately because this is the foundation of our D/s relationship.

No comments: