Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Planning a visit to Gor.

Aug 15, 2007 Planning a visit to Gor.
Ms B mentioned that she was thinking of taking me to Gor. It would be an opportunity for me to see a different style of submission. I have never read the vast series of books but I have been exposed to various interpretations of Gorean society created in a Game world called Neverwinter Nights. This game has a tool set for designing and creating your own world where as many as 60 people can log in to share a role play experience. I have visited a few Gorean inspired servers with this game software and this is the extent of my experiences with Gorean society. I have listened to several females speaking of how they can rejoice in being a woman, where she is often an exciting, magnificent and glorious specimen in Gorean society. These ideas confuse me when I learned that Gorean society is based in the superiority of males who enslave females. I have heard that this enslavements typically reaches the highest of extremes where a slave can be treated like an animal to be broken and sold like property. Despite the negative implications I believe that there are many interesting aspects to explore that relate to BDSM. I am not sure where I will fit into the Gorean society but I know that Ms B can move into two possible roles. The most natural role for her would be the free woman. I have heard that the free woman typically has a male guard or protector that stays in her presence while she moves in public. I do not know if Free woman would have male submissives under there control in a society that is based in male supremacy. However I have seen male silks so perhaps the interpretation of Gorean society has been relaxed to include Submissive males. On the opposite side of the fence I could not imagine that Ms B would be comfortable to risk role playing as a Panther girl. From the descriptions I have heard, the Panther girls do take males as prisoners so this has some exciting potential for me but Panther girls are always at risk of capture from Gorean men. What ever role that I am asked to portray, I am open and eager to share this new experience with Ms B.

No comments: