Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Takemi Dojo stand on Slavery

An issue has been brought to my attention that has effected me and the members of all ranks in the Takemi Dojo. In the past, this issue was dealt with privately so I had no insight as to what extent it had effected the other members. This day was different in that our elected leader took a public action to appease those who would speak out against us. This action has troubled me but I was not armed with the knowledge to defend our position. I had discussed my problem with Ms B and she helped arm me with the ideas and words to make a stand. The following is my first draft of a public statement that I will be sending to the host of the server where this issue has risen. I have already received the blessing of the two highest ranking members of the Takemi Dojo.
The Samurai are a part of the social order of their society, thus follow the laws and orders as dictated by the Shogun, or in our case, Lord Cougar. They are bound to uphold justice for the benefit of society by the Code of Bushido, The Seven Virtues of the Samurai. The Takemi Dojo exists only because the council granted us this privilege, so long as we conform to the laws of the society that the council has created in Lenn Amar. The Code of Bushido does not give us a higher or lower standard then that of the society we live in. The laws and standards of Lenn Amar as dictated by the Council of Pheonix Rising is the bench mark set for the members of the Takemi Dojo and all citizens to make judgement for what is right and wrong.
The Council of Pheonix Rising has decreed that it is legal and justified in the city Lenn Amar to collar and own another person in the form of consensual slavery. This act of consensual slavery must be granted directly from Lord Cougar or Periwinkle in order to gain authentication. This is one of the social orders that the members of the Takemi Dojo must accept and defend in our efforts to set an example of what is right and wrong, lawful and just in the city of Lenn Amar.

No comments: