Thursday, September 6, 2007

Sept 4 Hats off to Ms B

Looking at the trees this morning I noticed the green leaves were starting to change to yellow. The smell of fall was in the air. I dismissed this as a subtle hint that this was a day for change. The owner of the company that I work for told me his daughter was due to make her first appearance in effort to put the office back in working order. This was welcome news since we have been missing staff in three different departments for a long time now and we have not had any success recruiting new personnel. As you could imagine my work days fly by quickly in these circumstances and I had not spent much time thinking about the appointment I had made for the evening. My emotions were relatively calm as I came home to shower and then driving to my sisters house to make my appointment. The lady hair stylist seemed to be more concerned that I was emotionally prepared for this change then I was. I was tired of thinking about this move during last week and I had no second thoughts at all before, during or after the anticlimactic moment of cutting my 10 inch pony tail. She then cut, snipped, buzzed and fussed about my head for nearly 45 minutes, ending with a picture taking ceremony. I am pleased that I have a low maintenance cut and I was confident enough to leave my hats off for good. I am satisfied with my front profile but I the side and back profile of my head seems less appealing to me in my opinion. That being said I think it is an improvement over the hat and pony tail. I owe this ground breaking occasion to the motivation and support that Ms B has provided because although I had wanted this for a long time, I had no reason to do it.

No comments: