Saturday, September 1, 2007

Sub Chat: Slave Auctions

My usual Thursday night routine includes a visit to the forum where I can sit in on the sub chat discussion. Although I was more focused on chatting with Ms B in voice I did notice one topic that seems to always conflict in my mind. Many times in the past I had heard subs express there desire to be sold in auctions. They speak in such a passionate and romanticized tone that even I can get washed away in the fantasy. The idea of a few Domme out bidding each other to claim me as a prize and cherished pet is powerfully appealing. A sub can romanticize and fantasize over this all they want but in reality the dominant does not look at such a purchase with such rose colored glasses. I have heard more stories that ended in horror then have ended in bliss. Letting yourself be bought and sold is the journey into slavery where you have no rights and no control over who shall own you or how you will be treated. A dominant does not buy a slave thinking that this is a compatible specimen to be coddled or nurtured but instead the dominant will force the subject to conform to function in a specific purpose whether the slave likes it or not. Granted for some slaves this situation is their kink but I would caution all subs that this idea should remain as a fantasy. Perhaps a reasonable compromise would be in a charity auction where the sale of a slave is controlled within a firm and binding contract with a reasonable period of time. Perhaps someone can role-play out a sold into slavery fantasy over the internet via Second life or Neverwinter Nights game software. In general I feel that subs are vulnerable to a situation where they can easily find themselves submitting to slavery only to be taken advantage of.

No comments: