Saturday, September 1, 2007

Solutions for the Follicle Challenge

My search for a hair dresser has become overwhelming to the point where I want to just be done with it for better or worse. My search started in the Yellow pages of the phone books where I found one salon boasting of there recognition of skills in a western living publication. Next I found a salon boasting of there work with public figures in the local entertainment and journalist industry. Then I found a salon who specializes in thinning and balding conditions while offering cosmetic reconstruction. The idea of natural re-growth is more appealing so I investigated the Laser light rejuvenation therapy. Noticeable results in 14 to 30 weeks will not resolve my short term dilemma so I spoke to a few people asking for advice and the consensus seems to be that I will not be able to rid myself of my hat hiding baldness issues. Whether I shave it all off, or leave it long, it is my self image that will cause my discomfort. Even if I get an amazing cut and style I will still need to overcome my mental insecurities. Speaking with my sister last night, she suggested that I let her hair stylist do the deed this coming Tuesday. I agreed that I should commit to this appointment more so based on the fact that all this indecision was pushing me further away from the goal. As much as it scares me I am trying to hold on to the idea “ Just Do It “ and deal with the consequences after the fact.

No comments: