Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ms B and Heroshi Part 3

Walking through the town of Lenn Amar, Heroshi was stopped by Lady Jade. She gave him two robes as payment for a previous transaction. Jade inquired how much it would cost for Hero to make a new bastard sword and a short sword both with the greatest of properties. During the conversation his newest student (Ms B) came to visit and each of the three exchanged pleasantries. The sweetness of the conversation had an air of sarcasm followed by the implication that Hero’s new student was related by family ties. He was perplexed with the situation, resisting the urge to correct the words exchanged by the two woman. In reality I had a voice in my ear encouraging me to react in ways that would contradict my personality. Hero’s personality and my own have many things in common. I try to justify my behavior and Hero’s behavior by applying some of the ideas invoked by the Bushido code. The voice in my ear suggested that Jade was not treating me with the respect that I deserve as a Dominant when she referred to me with cute names. REI - Polite Courtesy: Be respectful for I do not need to prove my strength. Heroshi believes that Jade had no intentions to make me appear lesser of my station or status. I felt it would be impolite to publicly correct her and if I had done so the public perception would be that I am establishing my Dominance. The voice in my ear then suggested that I should punish Jade by charging her double the price for my crafts but this would conflict with Hero’s understanding of GI –Honesty: Be acutely honest throughout my dealings with all people. The entire situation was amusing and I attempted to emote for Hero in ways that were intended to support the amusing mood and sarcasm being expressed by the two ladies. Heroshi does not have the luxury of hearing Ms B’s voice in his mind so the way he reacts to his student should be restricted to the actual words and emotes that she posts in game. Now that the actual words of her posts are lost to the server reset I will have to pick at the implied ideas in my memory and consider a new lesson for Hero’s student.

No comments: