Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Waist of Good Intentions.

I spent a great deal of time and effort trying to prevent issues from resulting with the interpretation of information that my friend had posted in a public forum. Perhaps it was presumptuous for me to think I knew better and for me to recommend revisions to the text that my friend had posted. I thought it was justified when my friend claimed to have agreed with me and claimed to have made revisions but upon reading the posting later I discovered that there were no changes. I broached the subject and felt confident to take it upon myself to add a post and clarify what we had agreed upon. Later, one of these very issues came up for interpretation but my friend was not available to make a judgement or clarification. Instead a higher authority stepped in and made a judgement that was contrary to my posting and that in my opinion was unfair to the person who was in question. The time has passed for any of this to be relevant and yet I still feel annoyed that I appeared to be the ignorant one. Is it my strong sense of pride that keeps nagging at me when no one else seems to have noticed the situation? The only conflict that remains is the one inside me and I am having a hard time letting go, but sadly that is what I think I need to do.

No comments: