Thursday, October 25, 2007

Inhibitions, Embarrassment and Humiliation

I am having a hard time expressing myself to MsB in regard to defining the acceptable different between Embarrassment and Humiliation. She strongly emphasizes that Humiliation is not her kink but she does delight in making me blush or stutter over my inhibitions or minor embarrassments. We have both shared public role play with collar and leash, kneeling and clothing control as one fun and positive example. I think we both very much enjoy this aspect of D/s play even though it can include mild elements of emotional and mental embarrassment or humiliation. This is a good example where we need to define the word humiliation only because I have invoked the word in this example, rightly or wrongly. I am inhibited by this confusion to express some of my kinks because I would be tempted to describe some kinks as being embarrassing or humiliating. I would like to find a word that will differentiate between fun/playful humiliation that can be shared with her in private, and negative or public humiliation that we both would reject. I suppose it is wrong for me to hide this issue for so long thus letting it effect my ability to talk openly about some of my kinks that I define as being potentially humiliating yet something that I wish I could explore with her.

No comments: