Sunday, November 25, 2007

Stepping Up to the Challenge

Having been voted into second leadership position of the Takemi Dojo is a mixed blessing. This enables me some control as to whom can assume power of the Dojo’s leadership in the sense that only two official positions are approved by council. Obviously it becomes my responsibility to fulfill the obligations of the position even though such obligations are not defined in writing. What ever these obligations might be I take my position very seriously and as a result I cause myself a heightened level of stress that I am not accustom to. Further more I have become aware that my role is that of a public relations representative. The idea of mingling with the public and approaching people in hopes to recruit members and advance the agenda of the Dojo is uncomfortable for me. I am much more comfortable being a listener and guiding those seeking direction instead of taking control of the topic or subject manner. I am hoping that I find a happy middle ground and adapt to this new role.

No comments: