Sunday, November 18, 2007

As the World Turns.

Sometimes you feel like you are watching a soap opera when you get involved in role play online. Approximately 3 months ago the Council of Phoenix Rising had appointed Syclya as new leader to the Dojo and Thalia as second. I remain at their side as quiet counsel as they deal with the public and political aspects of every day management of our guild. Syclya had confided in me with her personal feelings and frustrations over the past three months. The pressure seemed to have been coming from several angles and on a few occasions she has expressed her desire to step down. Last week during the Dojo meeting the warning signs had become openly visible when she asked for the members to pledge for her to stay or step down. Last night she broad caste a public shout declaring her departure from Phoenix Rising, despite the full support of the Dojo members in the meeting the week before. I spoke to Thalia and she confirmed that she was able to carry the burden while we awaited Phoenix Rising council to accept Syclya’s resignation and convene to discuss the future of the Dojo. Now I stop to consider my course of action because every time this situation rises I am called upon to declare what role I shall play in the future of the Dojo.

No comments: