Saturday, November 10, 2007

November 11, Canadian Remembrance day

November 11, Canadian Remembrance day has significant meaning to me due to the heroic efforts of the men and woman who served this country in the second world war. During the second world war both my parents were living as children in Holland during the German occupation. Both my parents had similar memories as the Canadian army fought against German occupiers to regain freedom for the country of Holland. Several years after the war my fathers family immigrated to Canada and soon after my father joined the Canadian army. My father severed with the Canadian army for 9 years. During this time my parents were married and they had two children. My father choose to leave the military to be with family and soon I was the third child born. Had things been different during world war 2, this chain of events might not have occurred and thus I would not be here today to speak of it. Could I be so bold as to point out that all the military based actions of Canadian History has helped structure the country that I live in today. For all these actions of history, I must pause and give my respect to the people in the world who have served there country for the betterment of world society.

No comments: